Hanson Bridgett LLP, a regional law firm with offices in San Francisco, Sacramento, the North Bay, and the East Bay, has an opening for a Litigation Secretary in their Sacramento office. The ideal candidate should have a minimum of 5 years of experience. Construction litigation experience is not required but would be a plus.
- Scheduling client meetings, organize and prepare for those meetings.
- Review and process a heavy volume of emails.
- Preparing and editing and proofing documents.
- Familiar with e-filing procedures, court deadlines and civil filing procedures both Federal and State Courts.
The candidate must be detail-oriented, produce highly accurate work product, possess strong organizational, communication, and time management skills, be an independent thinker, and ably manage deadlines in a fast paced and dynamic environment. The candidate must be a team player, but also be able to work autonomously. This position requires strong initiative.
Familiarity with FileSite/WorkSite, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint, is a plus. Proficient with email programs and internet research.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and are an EEO employer. Interested and qualified candidates please forward resumes and salary requirements to the Terrie Rasica, Office Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. For additional information about our firm, visit our website at www.hansonbridgett.com.
The Accounting Manager will be responsible for monitoring general accounting practices, developing internal accounting controls and policies, and building a strong financial team. This role also serves as a business partner for managers within the firm, advising them of budgetary information and working with them to create a fiscal strategy that aligns with the goals of the organization. The successful candidate for this position will report directly to our CFO and play an instrumental role in the financial future of the company. Manages a staff of 4-6.
Accounting Manager Responsibilities
- Manage day-to-day accounting operations and ensure that there is a backup in place for critical operations including accounts payable, employee expense reimbursement, payroll, AR & Collections, and general ledger.
- Create and maintain accounting policies and procedures; maintain a chart of accounts.
- Maintain financial security by establishing internal controls and ensure compliance with the financial policies and procedures of the organization.
- Develop monthly and annual reports for the management and executive teams. Prepare materials for financial presentations and analyses, as required.
- Implement and monitor the month and year-end accounting schedules.
- Maintain day-to-day banking and investment relationships. Meet accounting financial objectives by forecasting cash requirements and scheduling expenditures.
- Guide other departments by researching and interpreting accounting policy.
- Monitor emerging technology to determine ways to automate the accounting process without sacrificing accuracy and accountability. including review, improvement, and implementation of processes and software related to those functions.
- Oversee the procurement of assets and maintain the asset and depreciation schedules.
- Preparation or review of all governmental filings and taxes, including payroll, property tax, business tax, federal and state income tax.
- Assist with annual third party review of the financial statements, including preparation of all supporting schedules, published financial statements, and related footnotes.
- Review semi-monthly payroll process, and serve as back up to payroll.
- Supervisory responsibilities include: Hiring, training, and managing staff in each financial function; allocating and assigning work as needed. Communicates job expectations, evaluates performance and recommends compensation actions.
Accounting Manager Skills and Position Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance (CPA a plus).
- 3-5 years' experience as an accounting manager or assistant controller in law firm or professional services organization with experience managing others.
- Strong budgeting, financial forecasting and financial analysis skills required.
- Exceptional leadership and problem solving capabilities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Knowledge of GAAP (including relevant FASB pronouncements) and legal compliance.
- Strong Excel and accounting systems experience required. Elite Enterprise, Aderant (or other Legal Software) and Concur experience a plus.
Qualified candidates should email cover letter, resume, and salary requirement to email@example.com.