Real Estate Paralegal
Hanson Bridgett LLP, a Regional Bay Area law firm, with offices in San Francisco, Sacramento, Marin, and the East Bay, seeks a seasoned transactional real estate professional (e.g. property management, escrow or title officer, etc.) ready to step in and support the firm’s real estate group.
- Coordinating real estate transactional closings
- Review and edit leases
- Review titles and surveys
- Review and analyze various reports
- Address title underwriting issues
- Pursue permitting and land use applications
- Facilitate real estate projects
- Additional projects as needed
If you are someone who has at least five years of experience managing real estate deals, and you are detail-oriented, possess strong organizational, communication, and time-management skills, can think independently and critically, and can manage your deadlines as part of a team, please apply. We are looking for you.
A Bachelor’s degree is required and a Paralegal certificate is helpful, but not essential. Excellent communication and people skills are essential.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and are an EEO employer. Interested and qualified candidates please forward resumes to Mary Sherman, Human Resources Director at email@example.com.
The Proposal Manager will have full responsibility for proposals and ways to continually improve our approach to the submittal process. The ultimate goal is to significantly improve the firm's proposal conversion rate and promote best practices throughout all stages while also supporting lead generation for new business opportunities. This position would report to the Director of Marketing.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Oversee the project management of proposals, including facilitating meetings and ensuring that all deadlines are met
- Improve processes to scope opportunities and leads for new business more effectively, including establishing guidelines to ensure resources are spent appropriately
- Manage the pipeline of RFP's in terms of efficient resourcing and distribution of tasks
- Create high-quality, tailored proposal content and documentation
- Provide presentation coaching that challenges and improves the performance of pitch teams
- Follow-up with company/agency and debriefs on why we won/lost work
- Solicit and act on feedback to consistently improve the way that we pitch
- Improve the central proposal management system and processes to support the efficient and timely production of proposals and reports
- Review pitch templates and content to ensure consistency and best practices are met
- Create a matter database and boilerplate content
- 5+ years of proposal experience working in a law firm
- Excellent writing skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrates creativity, project management skills and coaching experience
- Ability to fit in with a diverse team and work cohesively in order to achieve high quality results
- Must be able to collaborate with people at all levels
- Knows the subject matter and presents confidently in front of internal clients, large groups, and people from all backgrounds
Qualified candidates should email cover letter, resume, and salary requirement to Brandi Hewlett at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Accounting Manager will be responsible for monitoring general accounting practices, developing internal accounting controls and policies, and building a strong financial team. This role also serves as a business partner for managers within the firm, advising them of budgetary information and working with them to create a fiscal strategy that aligns with the goals of the organization. The successful candidate for this position will report directly to our CFO and play an instrumental role in the financial future of the company. Manages a staff of 4-6.
Accounting Manager Responsibilities
- Manage day-to-day accounting operations and ensure that there is a backup in place for critical operations including accounts payable, employee expense reimbursement, payroll, AR & Collections, and general ledger.
- Create and maintain accounting policies and procedures; maintain a chart of accounts.
- Maintain financial security by establishing internal controls and ensure compliance with the financial policies and procedures of the organization.
- Develop monthly and annual reports for the management and executive teams. Prepare materials for financial presentations and analyses, as required.
- Implement and monitor the month and year-end accounting schedules.
- Maintain day-to-day banking and investment relationships. Meet accounting financial objectives by forecasting cash requirements and scheduling expenditures.
- Guide other departments by researching and interpreting accounting policy.
- Monitor emerging technology to determine ways to automate the accounting process without sacrificing accuracy and accountability. including review, improvement, and implementation of processes and software related to those functions.
- Oversee the procurement of assets and maintain the asset and depreciation schedules.
- Preparation or review of all governmental filings and taxes, including payroll, property tax, business tax, federal and state income tax.
- Assist with annual third party review of the financial statements, including preparation of all supporting schedules, published financial statements, and related footnotes.
- Review semi-monthly payroll process, and serve as back up to payroll.
- Supervisory responsibilities include: Hiring, training, and managing staff in each financial function; allocating and assigning work as needed. Communicates job expectations, evaluates performance and recommends compensation actions.
Accounting Manager Skills and Position Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance (CPA a plus).
- 3-5 years' experience as an accounting manager or assistant controller in law firm or professional services organization with experience managing others.
- Strong budgeting, financial forecasting and financial analysis skills required.
- Exceptional leadership and problem solving capabilities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Knowledge of GAAP (including relevant FASB pronouncements) and legal compliance.
- Strong Excel and accounting systems experience required. Elite Enterprise, Aderant (or other Legal Software) and Concur experience a plus.
Qualified candidates should email cover letter, resume, and salary requirement to email@example.com.