Senior Housing and Care

  • Print Page
  • Email Page
  • Share this page

Attorney Requests for Resident Records

April 01, 2003

With increasing frequency, we are being asked to advise RCFEs that have received requests from attorneys for copies of a resident's records.  Such requests generally arise under two circumstances: where an attorney representing a resident orformer resident is considering filing a personal injury lawsuit against the RCFE or when the attorney is considering filing a lawsuit against a third party, such as a physician or a hospital. In these circumstances, it is important for RCFEs to be aware of their legal rights and obligations.

Read Article

For more information, please contact:

Joel Goldman

415-995-5028 Direct Phone
415-995-3428 Fax

Email Attorney


Allan Jergesen

415-995-5023 Direct Phone
415-995-3433 Fax

Email Attorney


COVID-19 Resource Center

Join Our Mailing List

Related Practices