Water Law

  • Print Page
  • Email Page
  • Share this page

SWRCB Issues Water Use Reporting Notice

March 14, 2017

PDF Article PDF

The California State Water Resources Control Board issued a notice today that all water users diverting water in California under Water Rights Permits, Licenses, Stockpond Certificates and Registration for Livestock Stockpond, Small Domestic or Small Irrigation uses must submit their annual water use reporting for the 2016 calendar year by April 1, 2017. All such reports must be filed online via the Report Management System (RMS) located at https://rms.waterboards.ca.gov/. Water users should have received prior correspondence containing a user id and password, which is necessary to login to the website.  Notices are no longer mailed out by the Division.  If you need to reset your password or to obtain a new user id and password, you should contact the Division by email at eWRIMS@waterboards.ca.gov.

Diverters may find more information on reporting and measuring at the following link: http://www.waterboards.ca.gov/waterrights/water_issues/programs/measurement_regulation/.

Diverters having rights to divert 1000 acre feet per annum or more are required to measure their diversions beginning January 1, 2017 and to document the accuracy of their measurement devices in their annual report.  Exceptions are provided for under special provisions if the diverters have filed prior to the date their annual report is due.  The notice contains a reminder that failure to comply with the regulation may be subject to enforcement action with a monetary penalty.


For more information, please contact:

Michael Van Zandt

415-995-5001 Direct Phone
415-995-3566 Fax

Email Attorney


COVID-19 Resource Center

Join Our Mailing List