(Last Updated: January 1, 2020)
Information We Collect
We collect both personal information you provide to Hanson Bridgett, and technical information we gather automatically through the use of our site.
When you subscribe to a Hanson Bridgett mailing list, register for or attend an event we are hosting, or submit an inquiry through our website, we may collect personal information that identifies you or relates to you as an individual. This personal information may include:
- email address
- mailing address
- telephone number
- social media handle
- State Bar membership number
In addition to personal information, we may collect technical information when you visit our website. This technical information does not reveal your specific identity and may include:
- usage details
- internet service provider
- IP address
- browser information
How We Use the Information We Collect
Hanson Bridgett may use the information we collect to:
- respond to your inquiries;
- send you newsletters, client alerts or other publications you have requested or we believe may be of interest to you;
- invite you to events we are hosting that we believe may be of interest to you;
- confirm your registration for events we are hosting;
- send you service information or administrative announcements related to our website or Hanson Bridgett;
- administer, manage or improve our website, blogs or other applications;
- enforce our terms and conditions;
- protect our rights or the rights of others;
- comply with legal obligations or respond to lawful inquiries from governmental authorities; or
- for any other purpose disclosed to you at the time we collect information or upon your consent.
With Whom We Share Information
We may share the personal or technical information you provide to us:
- with third-party vendors, contractors or other service providers who provide services to us or on our behalf;
- as we believe appropriate to enforce the terms of this policy, or as necessary to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of Hanson Bridgett, our clients, or the public as required or permitted by law;
- with third-parties as part of a reorganization, merger, acquisition or other corporate transaction; or
- as required to comply with laws, regulations, subpoenas, legal process or requests from public or government authorities.
Other than as set forth above, Hanson Bridgett does not share, sell or otherwise disclose personal or technical information to third-parties. Hanson Bridgett requires third-party service providers to comply with strict data privacy and security requirements, and we prohibit these third-parties from using the information they receive from us for any other purpose. Hanson Bridgett does not sell or otherwise disclose your personal information to third-parties for their direct marketing purposes
You have the right:
- to confirm whether Hanson Bridgett is using or storing your personal information and to obtain a copy of any information that we have;
- if you discover that the information we have about you is incorrect or inaccurate, to request that we correct or update it;
- to restrict or limit how we use our information, for example by requesting that we no longer use your information for marketing purposes or for specific types of marketing messages; and
- if you withdraw your consent or otherwise object to our use of your information, you have the right to request that we delete your information.
Residents of California are permitted under California Civil Code §1798.83 to request information regarding the disclosure of personal information to third-parties for those third-parties' direct marketing purposes. As noted above, Hanson Bridgett does not sell or otherwise disclose your personal information to third-parties for their direct marketing purposes.
Residents of California also have rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (California Civil Code §1798.100 et seq.) (“CCPA”). These rights are in addition to other rights you may have. Please see our CCPA Notice.
We use reasonable technical, organizational and administrative measures to protect the security of the personal information we collect. Industry-standard encryption is employed to protect data we have collected. No data storage or method of data transmission, however, can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we strive to protect your information, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us over the Internet.
Hanson Bridgett is not responsible for the privacy, information or data security policies or practices of third-parties, including third-parties operating any site linked from our website. The inclusion of a link on our website does not imply any endorsement of the linked site by Hanson Bridgett.
Data Processing and Storage
Hanson Bridgett is a United States law firm with headquarters in California. If you are located outside the United States, please be aware that we will process any information you provide to us in the United States.
Hanson Bridgett retains your information for the period necessary to achieve the purposes described in this Policy, unless you tell us you know longer wish to receive communications from us or a longer period is required by law.
Our website, blogs, mobile sites and applications are intended for a general audience and not directed to children. We do not knowingly collect information online from children under the age of 13. If you are under 13, please do not submit any personal information to us.
Hanson Bridgett LLP
425 Market Street, 26th floor
San Francisco, CA 94105