Hanson Bridgett is widely regarded as one of the preeminent health and senior care real estate law firms in the Bay Area. Hanson Bridgett’s Real Estate and Construction Section provides comprehensive transactional and litigation services across a broad range of practice areas, including real estate transactions and litigation, healthcare and senior housing and care, land use, design and construction, finance and environmental. Our real estate professionals are further supported by close collaboration with other multi-disciplinary colleagues in the firm, including those with expertise in regulatory compliance, business transactions and tax. Because of this integrated support across disciplines, we are uniquely able and routinely handle every facet of real estate, including joint ventures and entity formation, financing, acquisition and disposition, leasing, development, environmental review and impact mitigation, land use planning, entitlements, CEQA and NEPA compliance, design and construction and federal and state permitting.
- Development of a $168,000,000, 250,000 square foot San Francisco medical office building under an airspace lease, construction of an underground parking garage and pedestrian tunnel and creation of associated reciprocal easements.
- Ground leasing and leaseback of multi-story California medical office buildings, construction of associated parking structures and preparation of reciprocal parking arrangements.
- Preparation of bid document, project management agreements and design build agreements for multiple design build public hospitals.
- Advised senior care facility in Orange County regarding environmental indemnity agreement required as a loan condition.
- Acquired six skilled nursing facilities in Texas and California for a total purchase price of $100,000,000.
- $144,000,000 loan restructuring transaction involving 31 properties nationwide and HUD approval of the purchase and subsequent sale of four senior care communities.
- $160,000,000 construction loan for high rise mixed-use condominium project in San Jose.
- Litigate claims pertaining to purchase and sale agreements, including disputes regarding amounts due and property ownership.
- Successfully resolved $14,000,000 delay and impact claims for public hospital campus owner involving design and construction of emergency room, catheterization lab and radiology facilities through mediation.