We know this is a competitive field. That’s why we seek to create a variety of opportunities for junior attorneys like you through our summer associate program. We actively recruit talented and passionate law school students who share the same commitment to diversity, charitable giving, pro bono , and hands-on client service as we do. We purposefully keep our summer program small to foster a supportive environment consistent with who we are and our core values. You’ll work in many of our major practice areas and really get to know our people. Plus, summer associates returning as first-year associates often have the flexibility to work out of any of our offices.
We conduct 2L interviews during the fall recruiting season to fill between 4 to 5 summer associate positions. Along with our 2L Summer Associates, we welcome a 1L LCLD Scholar for our Summer Program to truly immerse themselves in our everyday activities and business. We hope to provide an authentic experience and mentorship that you can take with you for your entire career.
More Than Just Coworkers
- Collaborate with other teams and work with people across the firm—no silos here!
- Solve problems creatively in an environment that values diversity of perspectives
- Build relationships that last and allow you to grow and learn
Building Community Through Employee Resource Groups
- Get involved in our efforts to foster a diverse, inclusive workplace aligned with our values and mission
- Share unique perspectives and experiences with others across the organization through our many volunteer-led specialized groups
- Get involved, meet new people, and establish long-lasting relationships
State of the Art Technology
- Newest available software and systems enhance delivery of legal services and increase client satisfaction
- Creates streamlined and improved efficiency of marketing and business development
- We stay up-to-date and on top in a competitive and ever-changing marketplace
- Adds value to clients in new and compelling ways
We offer a variety of hands-on training throughout the year with subject matter-specific presentations. Our mission and values drive us as a B Corp firm, and we look to our summer associates to share in our powerful work and commitment to our clients and communities. Resources like our interview workshops and our First-Year Academy program were created to give aspiring and new attorneys of all backgrounds an equal chance to thrive and succeed.
- Each summer associate has attorney mentors throughout the summer, as well as a writing coach
- Summer associates receive regular feedback on individual assignments and two formal meetings - one mid-summer and one at the end of summer
- Real assignments that reflect a holistic view of what it is like to practice law at Hanson Bridgett
- Social events and opportunities that enable summer associates to meet our people and learn about our firm cutlure
- Access to our First-Year Academy for returning first-year associates
- Interview workshops to help new attorneys navigate what to expect in an interview and how to prepare
- Engage in our pro bono clinics and projects
We are proud to partner with the following law schools and reguarly join their in-person or virtual on-campus interview (OCI) events.