Leading the Charge: Two Hanson Bridgett Thought Leaders Recognized as Diversity Visionaries by L.A. Times
November 29, 2023 (San Francisco, CA) – Chief Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Officer (CDEIO) Jennifer Martinez and partner Raffi Zerounian of Hanson Bridgett LLP were included among L.A. Times B2B Publishing’s Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Accessibility (DEIA) Visionaries. The magazine lists the most influential and innovative thought leaders who are driving change and establishing groundbreaking DEIA strategies at companies throughout Southern California.
“To be included in this list of talented leaders is so encouraging,” said Martinez. “We’re holding ourselves accountable to help drive change, break down barriers, and disrupt how we think about DEI. It’s not work that becomes finished – it’s a shared responsibility and we’re constantly shaping our strategy and encouraging others to participate.”
In addition to helping shift the workplace culture internally through tangible action, Martinez leads Hanson Bridgett’s DEI consulting practice, aimed at helping other companies implement successful DEI strategies.
Zerounian, the firm’s Los Angeles market leader, has been instrumental in expanding the firm’s Los Angeles office and creating a transparent workplace culture, prioritizing and applying DEI initiatives throughout the growth.
This recognition from the Los Angeles Times is the most recent example of Hanson Bridgett’s commitment to DEI. Over the past year, the firm has been acknowledged as a leader in DEI by receiving a variety of awards and achievements, including:
- Innovation in Diversity & Inclusion Award, The Recorder
- Best Law Firms for Women, 2010–2023, Seramount
- Silver DEI Leadership Seal, State Bar of California
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Champion - Jennifer Martinez, Corporate Counsel's Women, Influence and Power in Law awards
- Community Impact Award of the Year - Raffi Zerounian / Hanson Bridgett, Los Angeles Business Journal
- Beacon of Justice Award, National Legal Aid & Defender Association
- Mansfield 6.0 Certification Plus, Diversity Lab
- Diversity Scorecard, The American Lawyer - ranked 7th
- Best Law Firms for Minority Attorneys, Law360 - ranked 5th
- Best Law Firms for Minority Equity Partners, Law360 - ranked 9th
- Best Law Firms for Female Partners, Law360 - ranked 6th
- Social Impact Leaders, Law360 - ranked 2nd (101-250 attorneys); ranked 11th (overall)
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity - Top Performer and Compass Award
- Contra Costa County Bar Association Diversity Award - Platinum
About Hanson Bridgett LLP
Hanson Bridgett LLP is a full service AmLaw 200 law firm with more than 200 attorneys across California. Creating a diverse workforce by fostering an atmosphere of belonging and intentional support has been a priority at Hanson Bridgett since its founding in 1958. We are dedicated to creating an environment that provides opportunities for people with varied backgrounds, both for attorneys and administrative professionals. We are also committed to the communities where our employees live and work and consider it part of our professional obligation to serve justice by encouraging and supporting pro bono and social impact work.
For media inquiries contact:
Patrick L. Clos
Hanson Bridgett LLP