Our Institutional Investor Practice Group has decades of experience representing institutional investors of all types and sizes in connection with a wide variety of investment activities. We have deep expertise in all of the areas that our institutional investor clients operate, representing them in hundreds of transactions ranging from the low end at $10 million dollars into the multi-billions.
Our clients in this area include large public and private pension funds, leading universities, funds of funds, non-profits and endowments, corporate/strategic investors, family offices and high-net worth individuals.
For these and other clients we are often called upon to provide the following types of services:
- Structuring and tax planning in connection with investments.
- Negotiating investments in virtually every type of pooled investment vehicle on the market. These include private equity, venture capital, hedge funds, real estate funds, and Negotiation and structuring of direct investments.
- Negotiating and structuring co-investments.
- Forming and structuring of funds of one, and other special purpose investment vehicles.
- Negotiating separate account arrangements.
- Preparing and negotiating investment management agreements.
- Negotiating and assisting with secondary transactions.
- Negotiating interest redemptions and transfers.
- Fiduciary counseling and advice.
- Structuring and advising on joint ventures.
- Preparing and negotiating various ancillary agreements related to the above.
Some of the largest institutional investors in the world choose to work with us as their go-to firm for investment work for a number of reasons. First and foremost, it is our expertise. The co-chairs of our Institutional Investor Practice Group have in excess of 20 years of experience each in this area. Second, it is our focus and passion for investor-side legal work. We have, and continue to work on the other side of the table, representing managers and fund sponsors, but we are committed to the needs of our institutional investor clients. Lastly, our clients engage us again and again because they know that we operate as a partner in addition to serving as a strategic adviser. We do all of this at an incredible value to our clients, respecting their finances.
We believe all of these factors result in a highly unique and customized approach to investment matters that are unparalleled amongst our peers.