We offer full-service counsel to entertainment and rapid growth media companies. Our clients include studios, production companies, investors, independent producers, advertisers, brands, executives and other entertainment entrepreneurs. We are committed to delivering high value, strategic advice in the ever-changing media ecosystem that balances risk mitigation with real world impact.
As a full service law firm, we also serve as outside general counsel to companies with growing legal needs, offering bespoke solutions to complex problems. We partner with our clients through cutting-edge technology solutions to manage their legal affairs in cost-effective collaboration.
Our group provides a wide variety of specialized services to the entertainment industry, including:
- Film and television financing and distribution
- Corporate formation
- Mergers and acquisitions (including film and television library sales)
- Advertising and influencer contracts
- Labor and employment disputes
- HR investigations
- Executive compensation and employee benefits
- Real estate acquisition, development and leasing
- Business litigation
- Consumer privacy and other regulatory compliance
Additionally, we have significant experience with all aspects of intellectual property in the entertainment industry, including:
- Title clearance
- Trademark clearance
- Trademark/brand management and enforcement
- Domestic and global title and trademark protection strategy and prosecution
- Copyright search and prosecution
- Trademark litigation and copyright disputes
- Counseling regarding trademark, copyright, right of publicity, and other intellectual property issues
News & Resources
Andrew Stroud of Hanson Bridgett discusses Hollywood writers securing a deal preventing the use of AI, but why so eager to agree?
The basic principle behind these rules is that WGA Members may not meet or negotiate with a struck company; or provide writing services for, or sell or option literary material to, a struck company.